This is from a press release I found in my in-box
The “Masonic Study Center Reward Fernando Pessoa” is annually attributed and is destined to reward authors of academic essays or other investigations in FREEMASONRY matters.
The Regulation for “Masonic Study Center Reward Fernando Pessoa” coming into force for the 2011 edition is the following:
1. The “Masonic Study Center Reward Fernando Pessoa” is set up, attributed annually, and is destined to reward authors of academic essays or other investigation in Regular and Traditional Freemasonry matters.
2. The reward also includes all essays from the several social science subjects which objective is the study of world Masonic history or the strengthening of Portuguese national Masonic history.
1. Any national or foreign author of any age may compete.
2. Essays of collective authorship will be accepted.
3. Any competitor or group of competitors can only present one essay.
4. There will only be accepted essays written in Portuguese, English, French and Spanish, which constitute the official languages of the Reward.
5. There will only be accepted the essays of the authors who present a statement which attest that:
a) Between the date of original publication in any stand and the limit of the time of delivery to this contest, there will be no more than three years.
b) The essay has not received any reward until the limit of the time of delivery of the candidature to “Masonic Study Center Reward Fernando Pessoa”.
1. The competing essays, written in spaces of two, shall be presented in four exemplars (one original and three copies) and delivered to “Centro de Estudos Maçónicos Fernando Pessoa”, or mailed until December, 22nd, 2010. A CD with the essay in digital format must be attached.
2. Conjointly, and in a closed envelope properly identified, shall be mailed the statement mentioned in the previous article, the personal and scientific curriculum, the address and other means of contact of the competitor or, should the essay be of collective authorship, each of the competitors.
3. The originals of the essays, the copies and the envelope containing the statement and the identification of the author or authors, shall be entered within the term indicated in number one through traditional mail service to APARTADO 1018, 5300-999 BRAGANÇA, Portugal, in a single envelope mentioning “Prémio do Centro de Estudos Maçónicos Fernando Pessoa”.
1. The Jury that will judge the candidatures will be designated annually by the President of “Centro de Estudos Maçónicos Fernando Pessoa”, within the 30 days after the limit of the time of delivery of the essays, integrating three studious or other recognized specialists in the scientific field concerning this Reward.
2. Each member of the Jury has right to one vote.
3. The President of “Centro de Estudos Maçónicos Fernando Pessoa” will also designate a secretary for the Jury who will not have any right to vote.
1. The members of each Jury will elect a President among them.
2. After establishing the Jury, its elements will decide previously of the admissibility of the competitors regarding the thematic compatibility of the essays with the object of the Reward and the rules of this present Regulation.
3. The essays that are not admitted to this contest will be returned to its respective authors.
4. The essays received and admitted to this contest will not be returned to its authors, but will integrate the pile of “Centro de Estudos Maçónicos Fernando Pessoa” ’s Library after the Jury’s deliberations.
1. The Jury will appreciate the essays admitted to the contest, classifying them by order of quality.
2. The classification which the previous number is referring to will account for the originality and the scientific quality of the essays, the nature of the sources, as well as the methodology of its treatment and the expositive capacities of the authors.
1. The Jury will attribute the Reward to the first classified and an Honorable Mention to the second classified. Their names and the titles of the winning essays will be revealed to public in September, 2011.
2. The Reward or the Honorable Mention will be able to attribute ex-aequo. In the first case, or in case of the winning of a collective authorship, the respective quantitative will be divided among the winning competitors.
3. The Jury will be able not to attribute the Reward, justifying it an official report.
4. The Jury’s decision, which is by majority of votes, is final and unchangeable.
5. The members of the Jury have the duty of secrecy in regard of the content of the meetings and the sense of vote of the rest of the members.
6. The final official report, written by the Jury’s secretary and approved by the Jury, will express the result of the deliberations taken, and will be able to be shown to the competitors who apply for it under a justified motive; as component of the official report there are all documents which contain elements of proof regarding the decisions of each of the Jury members every time there should not be unanimity in the attribution of the Reward or the Honorable Mention.
7. The “Centro de Estudos Maçónicos Fernando Pessoa” will be able to, freely, publish the winning essays, as they became part of its pile. The authors, from the moment they put in for the competition, will allow this to happen and will have no rights over the winning essays.
The “Masonic Study Center Reward Fernando Pessoa” is set up by an amount of money, 250 (two hundred and fifty) euros, eventually being brought up-to-date.
The delivery of the Reward and the Honorable Mention to rewarded authors will take place in a public ceremony within thirty days after the publication of the Jury’s decision.
1. The regulation of the Reward can be altered by initiative of the Grande Loja Nacional Portuguesa (National Portuguese Grand Lodge) that supports legally the “Centro de Estudos Maçónicos Fernando Pessoa”, in terms of the following numbers.
2. The alterations that may be introduced in the regulation during the period between the limit of the time of delivery to a contest and the final decision of the Jury, will not be able to be applied to that edition of the Reward.
3. The alterations that will occur are automatically integrated in the text of the Regulation of the Reward let out in the electronic mail www.cemfp.org, starting on January, 31st, of each year.