Join us for this episode as author Lon Milo DuQuette joined Masonic Central on Sunday, November 29th, 2009, to talk about magick, esoteric Freemasonry and the his masonic journey.
Within in Freemasonry, there are many titles and attributes bestowed upon its members, but few come to the table with the appellation of Magus. With a number of books having flowed from from his pen and a good many years of practice under an adept hand, Brother Lon Milo DuQuette is a stand-out example of bridging the esoteric with the obvious. Obvious at least to a few.
A Mason for many years, DuQuette has spent a substantial amount of time in the study of the realms of the tarot, Kabbalah, Thelema and Enochian Vision magic. Capturing the essence of DuQuette’s work, a quote from Aleister Crowley comes to mind in his saying,
“Magick was defined as the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with WILL.”
It’s that path in the conformity of will that led Masonic Brother DuQuette to his position within the Ordo Templi Orientis which itself has a rich history and modern day contribution to the occult practice.
In this episode, we explore the magical connections that Masonry may (or may not have) exist and what lessons we can find within the sage wisdom and teaching of the Masonic patriarch King Solomon.
No mere parlor tricks here. It is an excellent program of magical conversation, and delightful insights.
Listen to the show
Works by Lon Milo DuQuette include:
- The Magick of Thelema: A Handbook of the Rituals of Aleister Crowley
- Tarot of Ceremonial Magick: A Pictorial Synthesis of Three Great Pillars of Magick
- My Life With The Spirits: The Adventures of a Modern Magician
- The Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford: Dilettante’s Guide to What You Do and Do Not Need to Know to Become a Qabalist
- Understanding Aleister Crowley’s Thoth Tarot
- Enochian Vision Magick: An Introduction and Practical Guide to the Magick of Dr. John Dee and Edward Kelley
- Art and Practice of Geomancy, The: Divination, Magic, and Earth Wisdom of the Renaissance
- Low Magick: It’s All In Your Head … You Just Have No Idea How Big Your Head Is
- The Key to Solomon’s Key: Is This the Lost Symbol of Masonry?
- Aleister Crowley – Revolt of the Magicians: A Novel
- Ask Baba Lon: Answers to Questions of Life & Magick
- Homemade Magick: The Musings & Mischief of a Do-It-Yourself Magus
In addition to his written work, Lon has a prolific musical career.
More of the Masonic Central podcast.
more on the OTO: