In this episode of Masonic Central, originally recorded on October 12, 2008, Greg and Dean are joined by the esteemed author and historian Stephen Dafoe. We dig into all things Templar delving into their historic past and their meaningful significance to Freemasonry today.
It was a great discussion and one sure to illuminate the wide topic of the Knights Templar and Freemasonry.
Some of the topics we dig into include:
The road from batman to Freemasonry
- Why he joined the fraternity
- His Templar comic Outremer
- Why Friday the 13th is so memorable
- Knights Templar vs. Knight Hospitallers
- The Mystery of Oak Island
Stephen brings the Templars down to earth and helps shake the illusion of bigger than life personalities that pervade current portrayals of the mythic knighthood. As a bonus, this was a fun episode to record and listen to and it comes out in the conversation. Stephen is a great voice to listen to and Dean and Greg cut it up like they always do. Plus, a few guests pop in with questions and we get down to the real meaning history and secrets of Baphomet!
More from Stephen Dafoe:
- The Restaurant at the End of the Masonic Universe
- The Lie Rob Morris Told
- There’s a Hole in Our Bucket
- Nobly Born and The Compasses and the Cross by Stephen Dafoe
More on the web about Stephen Dafoe.