Join us in this episode as we meet and talk with Robert Davis 33°. Together in this episode, Greg and Dean go deep with Br. Davis on his intimate family connections with Freemasonry, the Guthrie Scottish Rite, and the future of Freemasonry in Oklahoma and the rest of the nation.
Br. Robert is the author of Understanding Manhood in America
In our discussion we focus on Oklahoma Masonry, the Guthrie College of the Consistory study program, the role of the “mature masculine” in Freemasonry, and his thoughts on the future of Craft.
In this program we talk about the Guthrie Scottish Rite and its College of the Consistory program and touch on a wide range of topics, including:
- Br. Davis’s history in Freemasonry and the factors in his life that led him to it.
- The relationship between the quest of manhood and the role Freemasonry plays in it.
- Leadership and successful lodges at the local level.
- How to bring change to lodge (when change is desired) and
- How activity breeds activity in any organization
Without a doubt you will find a point of deep connection to Br. Davis and with what he has to say. He is probably as traditional as traditional Masonry gets but with an open stance of improving the fraternity and seeing it grow in the future. At his core is the identity of the masculine male, manhood, and the recovery of that role in America today.
More on the web:
This show was originally recorded November 2, 2008, at 6PM PST on the Masonic Central Podcast.