A student of the Western Mystery tradition (Western Esotericism), Greg (Gregory) B. Stewart has explored the rites of initiation through a variety of initiatory systems with the express goal of understanding the deeper meaning behind them. In that process, Greg’s exploration has converged with mainstream and esoteric religious traditions, rituals of religious practice and their intersecting undercurrents. Now, on the other side of that journey, the focus of his attention is on how those intersections relate to the Great Work — a subject he explores in his book series on the Symbolic Lodge.
As a devoted student of the esoteric, Greg is a firm believer in the Masonic connection to the Hermetic traditions of antiquity, its evolution through the ages and its present configuration as the antecedent to most present day currents of esoteric and occult practice. Called a masonic “bodhisattva,” he is a self-styled searcher for that which was lost, a Hermetic Hermit and a believer in “what is above is so also below.” You can see his artwork on the esoteric at The Primitive Rite.
Personally, Greg is an artist by nature and education. Professionally, his work spans a wide spectrum of communications, publishing and design. Under the Masonic tradition Greg began his career in 1994 participating in a variety of roles, lodges and organizations. Much of his early written work on Freemasonry can be found in his blog Masonic Traveler covering a period from 2005 to 2009. In 2008 Greg co-hosted and produced the Masonic Central podcast, with Dean Kennedy and went on to publish and produce FreemasonInformation.com — under Masonic Traveler — alongside Fred Milliken, Tim Bryce and other Masonic notables.
- First Degree Modern Masonic Tracing Board
- Second Degree Modern Masonic Tracing Board
- Third Degree Modern Masonic Tracing Board
You can contact Greg at: email@example.com
Written Works by Gregory B. Stewart
- Masonic Traveler — blog, 2005
- Freemason Information — website, 2006
- What is Freemasonry? — ebook, 2009
- Masonic Central podcast, with Dean Kennedy — 2008-2010
- Masonic Traveler – Essays and Commentary — print, 2009
- The Apprentice – The World and the Universe As One — print, 2014
- Fellow of the Craft – By Wisdom a House is Built — print, 2015
- The Master Mason: The Reason of Being — print, 2018
- You can see the campaign on Kickstarter.
Accolades on the work.
- His words on Amazon
- His art on ImageKind and Fine Art America
- Author page on Goodreads
- Author page on Amazon
Past Interviews and Media
- The Arnemancy Podcast Hermetic Freemasonry with Greg Stewart
- Den of Lore Podcast | Den of Lore Master Class
- OCCULTURE Podcast
- The Occult of Personality Podcast with Greg Kaminsky
- PlanetShifter Magazine – with Willi Paul
- Phoenixmasonry Live! – Celebrating Our Freemasonry! Interview with Frederic Milliken (as co-host) – video
- The Burning Taper – We all shine on: Bro. Greg Stewart, AKA Masonic Traveler
- External Ephemera
Work featured in a variety of museums, publications, libraries and lodges, including:
- The Henry Wilson Coil Library & Museum of Freemasonry, San Francisco, Ca
- Cover, Journal of the Masonic Society (JTMS) Issue #2, Autumn 2008
- In the Janesville Masonic Center E-Library
- Orange Grove Lodge No. 293 about Freemasonry page
- Harmonie Lodge No.699 F.&A.M. Lodge Education
- Museum of Freemasonry, Sydney, Australia
- Cover of the Southern California Research Lodge magazine, Issue No. 1, 2016
- The Supreme Council, 33°, A. & A.S.R. of Freemasonry 2011 Book Reviews